The Black Management Forum Western Cape recently celebrated its Black Excellence Awards at a gala dinner at Cape Town’s Table Bay Hotel. The annual Black Excellence Awards are intended to inspire both corporate and individual members of the Forum to expand their horizons and strive for excellence in their spheres.
At the event, the following trailblazing individuals were recognized for excelling in their areas of expertise:
- Esteemed thought leader, businessman, and change agent of transformation Dr. Ruel Khoza was awarded the Life Time Achievement Award.
- Ms. Nokuzola Malgas was the first recipient of the newly introduced awarded social Impact Award
- CEO of the Spade Hotel Ms. Annette Skaap was awarded the SME/Entrepreneur award. The spade hotel is Khayelitsha’s first four-star hotel.
- Mergence Investment Manager received the Company of the year Award
- Mr. Derrick Dondashe was awarded the Young professionals Award
- Ms. Nana Phiri clinched the Manager of the Year Award and,
- Masimo Magerman was awarded the Business Personality of the Year Award
Mr. Loyiso Ngqwemla, CEO of the Black Management Forum (BMF) concluded the gala awards function with words of gratitude by saying, “We would like to take this opportunity to thank the sponsors for their unwavering commitment and support to empowerment, ethical leadership, and transformation”. Furthermore, the CEO said, “Our sincerest congratulations go to all the 2022 BEA winners and to the BMF members for their hard work and contribution to making the event a success as a return to a new norm in our workplaces and businesses.”
Having received positive feedback from the gala award event, the Black Management Forum (BMF) commits itself to keep improving as they work together in unity to rebuild the nation. The organization also looks forward to engaging the winners as mentors and collaboration partners for the student chapter and young professionals within the organization.