The impact of Covid-19 has seen many business impacted badly leading to closures and retrenchments. Given the recent market volatility that has impacted South Africa, the FNB Equity Research team have collated insights on the best long-term and affordable local stocks to invest in now here are 5 Best Shares You Can Buy On The JSE During Covid-19
- Naspers’ (NPN) most notable investment is Prosus, which in turn has a large shareholding (31%) in Chinese internet giant Tencent.
- British American Tobacco (BTI) remains one of the most defensive companies globally and we believe it will be able better able to weather high volatility in the market and the impacts of the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Bidvest (BVT) is a diversified industrial company and thus not immune to the domestic South African economic weakness.
- Spar (SPP) business will be relatively resilient during the Covid-19 outbreak and it should exhibit low profit volatility compared to its retail and industrial peers.
- Sanlam (SLM) is our pick in the financial sector currently. The company has de-rated significantly during the recent global markets sell-off and it now trades at a substantial discount to its embedded value.
- BHP Group (BHP) continues to operate quality assets that are highly cash generative even at low commodity prices, given their relatively low cash production costs.