Interview With The Movers Founders, Crystal Ngwako And Marumo Tsesane! The Movers is a proudly South African cargo and freight company currently operating in countries including South Africa, Kenya, Egypt and Nigeria. The company helps customers move their items from home, hardware , events and catering items and so much more. The company also creates opportunities by bridging the gap between truck owners and customers by having truck owners enroll their trucks to become a .Moving Partner’.
We recently had a chat with The Movers founders Crystal Ngwako And Marumo Tsesane to talk about their start-up company, challenges they faced starting the company during COVID-19 pandemic and what the future looks like for their business. Check out the interview below.
1. How did the business idea come about?
The business idea came from us exploring different locations across South Africa and the stress that came with hiring a truck for our moving services.
2. How did you guys conceptualize the app and the functions you wanted it to perform?
With our experience and knowledge in software engineering, we were able to analyze and build a solution to solve issues in the logistics industry through The Movers Mobile and Web App.
3. What inspired the idea of creating a moving company?
The idea is inspired by modern times and The Movers web and mobile apps enable people to access affordable, quality friendly, and authentic moving services.
4. How has the business managed to survive during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The business was launched during COVID-19 and that has brought attention and profit.
5. How does the company manage to get its customers?
Social Media Marketing has been great and most of our clients come from referrals, kindly follow our page on Instagram @the_movers_worldwide.
6. What are some of the challenges that are unique to the moving business that you guys faced?
There are still loads of truck drivers who are parked under trees and are waiting for people to request their moving services however with The Movers Web and Mobile Apps which are tailor-made for movers and moving partners, we have made the process of looking and hiring a/your truck more convenient and easily accessible. The Movers App is available for download on Google Play and App Store today.
7. How did you guys manage to scale the business?
Social Media Marketing has been amazing check us on our Instagram page @the_movers_worldwide.
8. How did you guys raise the capital for the business?
We have a lot of support from family and friends who have managed to assist us in growing our business.
9. What is innovative about your company that sets it apart from other moving companies?
Our authenticity and we care about our people.
10. What are some of the future plans that the company has?
We would like to enable more people to have profitable businesses through The Movers app by registering their trucks with us.
11. Where would you guys say you see the company in 5 years’ time?
The goal is to sustain being the leaders in moving services
12. What advice would you give to young people who also want to enter the space of entrepreneurship?
Focus on you, there’s no competition.