SA new kid on the block, Lift has officially launched! The airline is owned by Global Aviation Operations. Here are 8 Things You Must Know About The New SA Airline, Lift
- Lift is a new kind of airline with a different and more flexible operating model which uses technology to offer a world-class customer experience
2. The airline is operated by Global Aviation Operations (Pty) LTD and will utilise three Airbus A320 aircraft.
3. It is a collaboration between Global Aviation‚ kulula founder Gidon Novick‚ and ex Uber executive Jonathan Ayache who have recruited a top team of industry talent.
4.Global Aviation has 20 years of experience operating large jet aircraft and is a fully licensed operator with a comprehensive maintenance operation.
5. Challenges experienced in the aviation industry caused by Covid have presented an opportunity to re-think the way airlines are structured and to gain access to infrastructure and talented‚ specialised people.
6. LIFT travellers will in turn have full flexibility on their tickets‚ allowing them to change and cancel without penalties and giving them peace of mind particularly during this time of uncertainty.
7. LIFT ground and cabin crew will be kitted out by leading on-line fashion retailer Superbalist.Travellers will also be treated to “proper coffee” from Vida e Caffè on morning flights. Afternoon flights will feature wine tasting featuring a selection of South Africa’s top wine estates.
8. The name LIFT is the brainchild of eight creative South Africans who participated in the country’s largest ever naming competition‚ where over 25‚000 suggested names were received.